Placement

16:26 Hannah Pickford 0 Comments

So while everyone else was on holiday I've spent the last 5 weeks on my 2nd placement with another 5 weeks to go,


via GIPHY
 It's a great experience, every year I go on placement for longer and longer periods so I can really start to apply my OT knowledge (eek!) which means I really do have to remember what the lecturers said.


via GIPHY
Because my funding is from London that where my placements are so another positive is that I get to spend time in one of the greatest cities on earth. Though I still miss oxford.


via GIPHY

Placement can be really scary and stressful its a lot to take in and is practically a full time job on top of any university work. So stress has been high the last few weeks (hence the lack of posting, apologies).  But the important thing is to make the best of it you can, you get to work with practicing OT, physios, nurses as well as so many other professions! Talking to them about their own experiences, mining them of their knowledge can really help with understanding your own profession and theories better.


via GIPHY

So this is just a quick update and if you have any questions about placement, finding accommodation etc just let me know! :)

via GIPHY

0 comments :