Essay Trax

02:04 Briony Brake 2 Comments

It's nearly 2 am and most people are out celebrating St Patrick's Day in a club somewhere. I'm not doing that, but I'm not doing anything productive either (this is a judgement free zone). I decided instead I would gather together a few songs that help me work and share them with you. Maybe we can all take something from this.
So here are my song choices for you (complete with artwork and album name because I'm useful like that). Obviously we've all got very different tastes in music but I've tried to get a bit of everything I like at the moment in. We've got soundtracks from films, electric, retro jams, and of course some Beyonce. My housemates Nathan and Millie have helped me out a little here - their recommendations are Helicopter from Bloc Party, Smooth by Santana, and HandClap by Fitz and the Tantrums which has now been in our heads collectively for a good three days.

In case you can't see the graphic, or want it clearer, here are my picks:

  1. Hearts on Fire - FMYLBND
  2. Montage - Andy Hull and Robert McDowell
  3. Get Back Up Again - Anna Kendrick
  4. HandClap - Fitz and the Tantrums
  5. End of Time - Beyonce
  6. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
  7. Smooth - Santana
  8. Blow Your Mind (Mwah) - Dua Lipa
  9. Da Funk - Daft Punk
  10. Pay No Mind - Madeon

As a heads up, Montage is a bit odd, and so is the track from the Trolls soundtrack, but they just get me really pumped and I usually play each a few times in a row. Born to Run is also a top track at the moment for getting work done.

It's pretty much all upbeat and you can see the rest of my playlist here (don't judge me) for more eighties/chart rubbish/soundtrack/electro music: https://play.spotify.com/user/talkmovies-briony/playlist/0dJFgunndQpgUsQC03wFIa

Alternatively, Spotify have some really good instrumental playlists to keep your brain happy while you read or edit. What do you like to listen to? Or do you prefer the silence? Let me know!

2 comments :

  1. Hey Briony ! Thanks for sharing what keeps you going ! You asked what we like to listen. Here's what I listen to when I feel stuck - Lianne La Havas - Unstoppable - have you heard it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love a bit of Lianne La Havas too! Great choice for a bit more chilled work music

      Delete